Friday, March 18, 2016

Ana, English Student

Hi!
Ana at work
My name is Ana Gutiérrez, I live in San Salvador.
I work as a Physical Therapist, Occupational and Speech Therapist too.
I work with deaf people in my church, doing interpretation in Sign Language and I´m a volunteer in the Red Cross.
Ana with some classmates

I´m learning English because knowing English, I can serve many people in different ways and places.
English helps me to have contact with English speakers who want to work with people that I work with. It allows us to do the work with more efficacy and we can provide more people with necessary services. 

Why do you study English at CIS - what is special about CIS?

I enjoy studying English at CIS because I have the opportunity to practice my English with native speakers.
At CIS we have the space to speak about subjects and topics of social interest, and CIS provides us a good environment for expressing our opinions, It´s a good place for listening to different ways of thinking and for learning to respect others’ thoughts.
Sign Language
In CIS at the same time that we have an education of quality we don´t invest too much money.  This is a advantage for us; due to the economy in our country.  Salaries are really poor and in my case I couldn´t afford an education with native speakers and with this high quality in another institution.
The location of CIS is accessible for people who come from different places of San Salvador. The CIS´s facilities are comfortable and good for learning. 


Why is it important to native English speakers to come to teach?

From my point of view, it´s important to learn English with native speakers because it helps us to learn the correct English pronunciation and at the same time we can learn to understand diverse accents. That is important because we can speak with people who come from distinct countries.
We learn about the cultures of the countries that our teachers are from and it´s good for us to have a better comprehension of the world.
I think it´s excellent for me to have the chance of to make new friends.
Ana's class

No comments:

Post a Comment